The Greaves-Walker Lifetime Service Award honors a founding member and the first president of the National Institute of Ceramic Engineers (NICE); currently, the newly formed Education and Professional Development Council (EPDC). It is presented to an individual who has rendered outstanding service to the ceramic engineering profession and who, by life and career, has exemplified the aims, ideals and purpose of EPDC. The award consists of a certificate and a commemorative glass piece. Presentation of the award is made at the ACerS Annual Meeting.
The Nominating Process
- An individual or group may nominate one or more candidates who are members of EPDC at the time of nomination.
- Nominations must be returned electronically or by mail no later than January 15th of each year.
- The nominee must be 41 years old or older at the time the award is to be presented.
- Selection of an awardee will be based on the nomination and accompanying evidence of scientific contributions, such as a list of publications, selected abstracts, receipt of other awards or recognition.
- The selection committee may also search for candidates among members of EPDC regardless of nominations submitted.
- Nominations shall remain active for a period of five years.
- Nominations should be submitted using the nomination form found at the link below.
Send nomination forms to: Erica Zimmerman