Support PCSA Today
The President’s Council of Student Advisors (PCSA) is a committee of The American Ceramic Society (ACerS) comprised of students from universities throughout the world with the goal to engage students as active members and leaders in the ceramic community as well as to increase participation in ACerS from the local, national, and international levels.
The PCSA needs corporate sponsors and their donations to encourage young people to choose ceramic science and engineering as their professional career.
Your tax-deductible donation will help the PCSA to accomplish its goals. The PCSA depends on generous donations to:
- Coordinate student-focused ceramic programming at technical meetings
- Develop and implement ceramic-focused outreach activities
- Facilitate industry-student relations
- Promote the study of ceramics at the university and local levels
- Provide a way for students and young professionals to become and remain actively engaged as leaders in the ceramic materials community
Every Donation Matters
The PCSA has been able to achieve many goals including:
- Running a demonstration booth at the MS&T Mini-Materials Camp®
- Sponsoring an industry tour during MS&T
- Organizing and sponsoring the student research symposium at EMA
- Organizing SCHOTT Glass Drop Contest at ICACC, Daytona Beach
- Organizing student contests at MCARE
- Planning and production of materials science demonstration and laboratory kits
- Raising funds used to support undergraduate and graduate student delegates to travel to the PCSA business meeting, where additional goals and activities were planned
Past accomplishments would not have been possible without the generous support of our corporate sponsors and individual donors. Past corporate sponsors are:
- The American Ceramic Society (ACerS)
- Advanced Cerametrics, Inc.
- Almatis, Inc.
- The Association of American Ceramic Component Manufacturers (AACCM)
- Center for Clean Energy Engineering, University of Connecticut
- Ceramco, Inc.
- Corning Incorporated
- Deltech, Inc.
- Du-Co Ceramics Company
- Fraunhofer USA Center for Energy Innovation, University of Connecticut
- Fusion Ceramics
- Kyocera International, Inc.
- Mo-Sci Corporation
- Mo-Sci Charitable Foundation
- Morgan Thermal Ceramics Inc.
- Ohio State University’s Center for Emergent Materials
- Omicron Delta Kappa, Clemson University Circle
- Reldon & Hattie Cooper Charitable Fund
- Sandia National Laboratories/Lockheed Martin
- Superior Technical Ceramics Corp.
- Unifrax Corporation
- Zircoa, Inc.
The PCSA has put together another list of ambitious goals for the coming year which will make for an exciting and challenging year. Broad goals for 2013 are:
- To expand the number of universities and countries represented in PCSA
- To increase and improve the PCSA’s visibility within the ACerS Community
- To continue outreach efforts by finishing and distributing demonstration and laboratory kits
- To compose student-focused Bulletin articles each month
- To improve student access to professional information
With your generous support, the PCSA will succeed in its efforts. Any donation that you feel is appropriate will be greatly appreciated and will go a long way toward helping the PCSA reach its goals.
Your support will not go unnoticed. As a sponsor, your company will be recognized at all PCSA events, and your name will appear on signs, publications, and other PCSA materials.
Sponsorship donations can be made by check or credit card. To donate, simply complete the sponsorship form, and return to:
The American Ceramic Society
Attn: PCSA Sponsorship
600 N. Cleveland Avenue, Suite 210
Westerville, OH 43082
Please make a gift to PCSA today and do something great for the future of the ceramic science and engineering profession. Your support can benefit not only the PCSA, but also the future of your company.
For more information or if you have any questions, contact ACerS President’s Council of Student Advisors.