Published on April 23rd, 2014 | By: Jessica McMathis0
Ceramics Expo 2015: Five things you need to knowPublished on April 23rd, 2014 | By: Jessica McMathis
Ceramics Expo, set for April 28–30, 2015 in Cleveland, Ohio (pictured above), is a one-stop-shop for decision makers in the industries that use ceramics materials or components. Credit: Beth on Flickr (Creative Commons License).
With more than 9,000 members in 70 countries, ACerS is the leading professional membership organization for the greater (and increasingly global) ceramics and glass community. As such, the Society works tirelessly to meet the needs of its many different internal and external audiences—among them, ceramic, glass, and materials scientists, engineers, researchers, manufacturers, sales professionals, educators, and students.
The expo, organized by Smarter Shows (UK), is dedicated to providing a “one-stop-shop for raw materials, equipment, machinery, and technology used within the ceramic manufacturing supply chain.”
“Right now, we excel at meeting the needs of our members and constituents involved in scientific research, and technology development and advancement,” says Mark Mecklenborg, ACerS director of Technical Publications and Meetings. “We want to do a better job of helping our industry members grow their businesses, market their products, and help the ceramics and glass community commercialize products and services. We want to be the catalyst for innovative new products, processes, and services.”
So here are—in typical J-school fashion—the five things you need to know about Ceramics Expo.
1. The Why. We’ve already answered the “what”—but what about the “why”? As the largest free-to-attend exhibition for ceramic manufacturing in North America, Ceramics Expo offers the most current and comprehensive solutions for your specific business needs. Whether it be raw materials or materials preparation and handling; sourcing drying, firing, and melting equipment suppliers; finding fabrication or finishing tools; locating laboratory and testing services; or customized products and services that ease your pain points, Ceramics Expo has what you’re looking for—or what you never even knew you needed.
2. The Who. Different trade shows tend to draw very different types of crowds—and the crowd at Ceramics Expo is the cream of the crop. If you’re a decision maker and you work in an industry that utilizes ceramics materials or components (i.e., transportation, automotive, aerospace, medical, electronics, military, and environmental technology), then Ceramics Expo is for you. If you’re a technical leader, production director, engineer, product leader, buyer, or senior executive, this show is a can’t-miss.
3. The Where. Fun fact: Not only is Ohio home to rock and roll, the first man to walk on the moon, seven US presidents, and ACerS, the buckeye state also has some of the most innovative and established ceramic manufacturers and supply chain companies in the United States. Additionally, it’s a well-respected center of science and industry (we’ve even got the science center to prove it). Cleveland—long a hub for manufacturing in the Rust Belt because of its access to waterways—is a natural fit for this first exhibition, with plenty to see and do when the business day is done. Cleveland does indeed rock.
4. The When. Spring is a season of renewal, so what better way to refresh and recharge the old batteries than by trading ideas (and business cards) with the ceramics industry’s preeminent professionals? Make plans to press palms at Ceramics Expo, either as an attendee or exhibitor, April 28–30, 2015.
5. The How. With the five Ws out of the way, let’s get to the thing that really matters—the how. If you’re an attendee, you can register online (FOR FREE) here. If you’d like to stake out your space in the exhibit hall, book your booth here. Finally, if you’d like to take part in the Open Technical Forum (also free to attend) and present the latest advancements in ceramics manufacturing, you can submit your papers here.
So even though it seems far off (it’s really not), if you use ceramics materials and technology, you’ll want to be certain Ceramics Expo is the show you attend in 2015.
Help us help you connect with the individuals, companies, and industries that can offer solutions to streamline your operations, showcase the most cost-effective and efficient materials and equipment, and share knowledge that will set your company above the competition.
See you in the Cleve!
Feature image credit: ralphjbiker on Flickr (Creative Commons License).
Back to Previous Page