Meeting the unmet publishing needs of the global ceramic and glass engineering, research and development community
The International Journal of Ceramic Engineering & Science provides the prestige of The American Ceramic Society with broad scope and simple acceptance criteria for reduced barriers to publication. The rapid review process and open access gets your work to the global audience quickly.
New! underwriting for all conference presenters
IJCES is your home for reporting the work presented at ACerS conferences. With generous underwriting provided by Wiley and ACerS, the open access article processing charge is reduced to $100 for conference presentation manuscripts.
You can submit your manuscript to IJCES immediately after being accepted to present. Provide the conference name in step 6 and we will place your manuscript into this special program.
Any well-executed study on the development, production, or use of ceramics and glasses
- From initial ideas and investigations through installation and performance of systems
and everything in between
- From clay and whiteware to the most advanced photonics, bioceramics, and more
- From sourcing raw materials to building factories
- From small advances to significant breakthroughs
Simple acceptance Criteria
Your work is suitable if you can answer "yes" to these four questions:
- Does the work describe experimental methods and/or models with appropriate detail for reader comprehension?
- Does it provide sufficient evidence/data to support conclusions?
- Are the references relevant and do they appropriately reflect the existing literature?
- Are the results discussed in the context of the literature and their benefits to the field and/or to the global community?
Rapid review cycle
Your work is reviewed by three experts in ceramics and glass, the editor-in-chief, the associate editor, and a single reviewer. Existing reviews for manuscripts transferred from other journals help to speed the process up even further. And when you submit your revisions quickly, the time from submission to publication can be quite small indeed.
A fully Gold OA journal, every article is immediately available for anyone in the world with internet access to read, download and distribute without subscription or hitting a paywall. IJCES has affordable article processing charges (APCs) in line with other journals of similar quality and prestige.
- Full-length article: $1,800
- Short communication: $1,500
Discounts are available for ACerS members (join today!), manuscripts transferred from other ACerS journals, institutions having agreements with Wiley, and more, including a special program for ICACC attendees.
Authors from some countries receive full waivers of the APC (see this list), meaning no cost to you. Furthermore, if you are at a DEAL institution your APC is already paid (and at a lower cost). If you do research in any of these countries, you have every reason to submit your manuscript to IJCES!
If you are a researcher from other regions, underwriting funds may be available to reduce your APC fees. State your reasons for requesting the underwriting in step 6 of your submission. Preference will be given for work presented at ACerS conferences and for work outside the scopes of the other ACerS journals.