We have created the new ACerS Member Community so that our members can connect and communicate with each other more easily.
We are excited for you to join us in our new online community!
Part of the excitement of attending ACerS meetings and conferences (virtual or in-person) is making new friends and contacts. Some of these colleagues become your mentors. Some become partners and collaborators. And many end up becoming lifelong friends.
But how do you continue to stay in touch with these new contacts after the event is over, especially if they live hours—or even countries—away?
The American Ceramic Society is excited to announce a new online community exclusively for ACerS members—ACerS Member Community.
In this new community you can:
- Communicate with other members between meetings
- Seek answers to your questions and solutions to your problems
- Search and connect with colleagues
- Follow up with new friends after a conference
- Send emails to your contacts—no more searching your inbox for lost emails!
- Create a poll, ask a question, or share an update
- Bookmark conversations for quick reference later
- And much more!
The ACerS Member Community, accessed through your membership account at www.ceramics.org, is your place to follow up and stay connected with other members—a lot more.
Simply log in to your current ACerS membership account and the Member Community link will appear in your menu.
Ready to explore?
Here are a few tips to get started:
- Log into your membership account at ceramics.org
- Navigate to the new community by choosing the Member Community link in the main menu
- Once you’re in the community, click your name (top right) and go to your profile. Upload a head shot of yourself. It will make it easier for others to recognize you!
- Add your job title and a brief bio about yourself, including areas of research and anything else you want others to know about you
- Start exploring! Start a discussion, ask a question, or share something of value to the community
Make sure to review the following documents to help you navigate the new ACerS online community.
Connect with those who share your ceramic and glass technical interests and challenges.
ACerS Member Community Volunteer Opportunities
Are you interested in becoming more involved with ACerS, your division, or your group (Young Professionals Network, etc.)? There are a number of ways to get involved! A couple of opportunities to do so is by volunteering as a Super Member or Moderator within the ACerS Member Community.
Check out the guidelines for each volunteer position below.
Interested? Please send us a message to let us know!