ACerS Global Graduate Researcher Network (GGRN)
Put yourself on the path toward post-graduate success with ACerS Global Graduate Researcher Network (GGRN)!
|What is GGRN?|
ACerS Global Graduate Researcher Network (GGRN) is a membership of The American Ceramic Society (ACerS) that addresses the professional and career development needs of graduate-level research students who have a primary interest in ceramics and glass.
Does this sound like a good fit? If so, GGRN is just for you!
|Why do you need GGRN?
You are at a unique point in your student career. You’ve made the decision to further your education by obtaining a masters or Ph.D.—a decision that requires extensive research in a specialized area of interest. If that interest includes ceramics or glass, ACerS GGRN is your first stop on the path toward post-graduate success. Join GGRN and enjoy access to ACerS invaluable information, expertise, and programming resources as well as a network of graduate-level students, just like yourself, who are looking for a place to call their professional home.
GGRN membership aims to help graduate students:
- Engage with The American Ceramic Society (ACerS)
- Build a network of peers and contacts within the ceramics and glass community
- Have access to professional development tools
|What can GGRN do for you?|
GGRN provides graduate students targeted opportunities in the following areas:
- Connections with other ceramic and glass graduate students – Join the ACerS GGRN Facebook group today!
- Tools for career preparation – free webinars and “lunch and learn” sessions at meetings
- Reduced meeting/conference registration fees
- 24/7 access to ACerS three peer-reviewed technical journals
- Many more valuable resources and member benefits to engage young ceramic and glass scientists!
Prepare for lifelong success by joining GGRN. With ACerS GGRN, you can build your professional network, shape your career, and strengthen your skills while still in graduate school.
Join through any of the following ways:
- Direct Join: Graduate students with a primary interest in ceramics and glass may join directly for $30 per year as long as they are currently enrolled in graduate school. Contact Tricia Freshour if you would like to join.
- Meetings: If you attend an ACerS meeting at the nonmember graduate student meeting rate, you will receive one year of GGRN membership. Renewal rate is $30 per year while in graduate school.
- Free webinars, focusing on career and professional development
- Free online access to ACerS journals: Journal of the American Ceramic Society, International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology, and International Journal of Applied Glass Science.
- Free online access to the American Ceramic Society Bulletin, the most widely read publication in the ceramics field
- Ceramic Tech Today: ACerS ceramic materials, applications, and business blog
- ACerS Career Center, which offers job seekers free and confidential resume posting, easy job application, automated weekly e-mail notification of new job listings, and the ability to save jobs for later review. Post your resume today and review job postings to see some of the best jobs available in the industry.
- Free ceramicSOURCE, the publication that brings materials buyers and sellers together in a directory format
- ACerS/Wiley Download Direct Program: ACerS’s publishing partner, Wiley, makes one article per month from their comprehensive Wiley Online Library available to members.
- Reduced registration rates on Technical Meetings
- Reduced rates for products: Technical Publications, Journals, Phase Equilibria Diagrams, and Ceramic Materials Courses