February 4, 2015
Over 2,000 advanced ceramics industry leaders and manufacturers, technicians, scientists and developers – along with buyers, executives and other corporate decision makers worldwide – will come together in Cleveland, Ohio April 28-30, 2015 at the first US Ceramics Expo. The event is organized by Smarter Shows in Brighton, UK, on behalf of the expo’s founding partner, the American Ceramic Society in Columbus, Ohio.
October 1, 2014
As our planet’s population balloons, so, too, do the global challenges we face. Problem number one? Finding enough energy, food, and water sources to meet the growing demand. Problem number two? Developing innovative thinking and sustainable technology to take on those demands. Enter materials—specifically, ceramic materials—which continue to provide solutions to everyday challenges such as environmental protection, energy supply and generation, healthcare, and infrastructure.
September 18, 2014
The American Ceramic Society (ACerS)—the leading professional organization for ceramics and glass professionals—will install its newly elected officers and board leadership during its 116th Annual Meeting on Monday, October 13, at the Materials Science and Technology 2014 (MS&T14) conference in Pittsburgh, Pa.
August 5, 2014
The American Ceramic Society (ACerS) today announced the 2013 impact factors for its family of peer-reviewed journals—which includes the now top-ranked Journal of the American Ceramic Society—published by Wiley.
July 8, 2014
The American Ceramic Society today announced the appointment of Marcus J. Fish to the new position of development director for the Ceramic and Glass Industry Foundation (CGIF). A new initiative of ACerS, the CGIF mission is to ensure that the global ceramic and glass industry is able to attract and train the highest quality talent available to work with this unique class of engineered materials.
May 27, 2014
The American Ceramic Society (ACerS) today announced that it has signed a partnership agreement with the Florida Institute of Technology’s (FIT) Continuing Education department to offer a series of short courses in bioceramics taught by Dr. Larry Hench.
May 20, 2014
The American Ceramic Society (ACerS) today announced that Kathryn Logan, Arun Varshneya, and George Wicks have earned the distinction of Distinguished Life Membership. Distinguished Life Membership is the highest honor accorded members of the scientific and technical organization, and is given in recognition of an individual’s eminent contribution to the ceramic and glass profession.
May 19, 2014
The American Ceramic Society (ACerS) announces that 17 members will be elevated to Fellow status. The Fellow designation recognizes ACerS members who have distinguished themselves through outstanding contributions to the ceramic arts or sciences, broad and productive scholarship in ceramic science and technology, conspicuous achievement in ceramic industry, or by outstanding service to the Society.
Feb. 18, 2014
US Bureau of Labor statistics from January show the manufacturing sector has regained only 622,000 of the 2.3 million jobs lost since December 2007. To survive—and thrive—manufacturers need solid business strategies that account for global competition, innovation, patenting, workforce development, and more. Helping manufacturers build successful business strategies is the goal of the Ceramic Leadership Summit in Baltimore, Md., April 7–9, organized by The American Ceramic Society.
- July 19, 2013: The American Ceramic Society announces selection of Faber, Gauckler, and Messing as 2013 Distinguished Life Members
- Sept. 15: 2012: The American Ceramic Society announces its 2012 Class of Fellows
- Sept. 13, 2012: The American Ceramic Society announces selection of Ichinose, Lawn and Moskowitz as 2012 Distinguish Life Members
- Sept. 11, 2012: New paper addresses causes of shattering glass cookware; margin of safety described as ‘borderline’
- Aug. 29, 2011: The American Ceramic Society announces selection of Marshall, Niihara as 2011 Distinguish Life Members
- May 3, 2011: Revolution in wound care? Inexpensive, easy-to-use cotton candy-like glass fibers appear to speed healing in initial venous stasis wound trial | PDF
- Oct. 14, 2010: Corning, GE Healthcare to receive 2010 technical achievement award from The American Ceramic Society for revolutionary glass and CT scanning products | PDF
- Aug. 9, 2010: The American Ceramic Society announces selections of 2010 Distinguish Life Members and class of Fellows | PDF
- June 9, 2010: Business, science, education and government leaders to strategize on high-tech materials
- 2007-2008 archive