Discover ACerS Sections
Build relationships within an engaged community of local colleagues
Section membership provides you with more than just a way to develop a network of colleagues in your geographic area — it allows you to become part of a tight-knit group of ceramic and glass industry professionals with whom you can meet regularly to discuss the latest industry trends, share experiences, inspire students and future leaders, and volunteer on initiatives that spark your interest.
ACerS Sections are a benefit to both individual members of ACerS and to the Society itself since Sections are formed to help advance the goals of the Society, particularly its objective of encouraging the study of glass, ceramic, and materials science. Section affiliation brings the benefits of membership home with targeted education, technology updates, networking opportunities, social activities, and timely communications.
As a local source of ceramic and glass industry education, information, and interaction, ACerS Sections bring the Society’s vast resources directly to you. As a member of your local or regional Section, you benefit from:
- Networking with colleagues in your area.
- Educational and professional growth opportunities, such as in-depth presentations from industry professionals, facility tours, and best practices workshops.
- Social events, such as awards dinner, social hours, and golf outings.
- Opportunities to mentor materials science students at local colleges and universities. ACerS actively promotes ceramic and glass science and engineering as an interesting and important career choice for high school and college students. ACerS Sections and members partner with schools, meet with students, and hold special events to promote careers in our field.
- Opportunities to join Section committees or serve in leadership positions. Your relationships with colleagues grow even stronger as you work together to give back to your community. From local Section awards to seminars, Sections offer programming that recognizes the efforts of members to strengthen and preserve the communities in which they live and work.
There’s no better place to start or expand your professional network than your own backyard! Find the nearest ACerS Section from the list below. For information on joining an ACerS Section or forming a new Section, contact Karen McCurdy, ACerS Member Services Representative.
Volunteer in your own community
If you are interested in volunteering on a local level, get involved with your local section. Volunteer opportunities can include section leadership, assisting with a specific event or mentoring a local student. Section affiliation is included at no charge with your ACerS membership.
Find your local section below and contact the section leadership to get involved. Don’t see a section in your area? Contact Karen McCurdy to find out how to establish a section in your area.